2011年5月15日 星期日

Project Week

This week, our english class did projects. Our group went second, and I think our group did a pretty good job. To be honest, before I did the project, I felt that visiting the Kanner foundation and interviewing an autistic person through Skype was just a silly idea. I did not really want to do it. However, after making a series of phone calls and finding an appropriate time to get off from school, we finally made it to the foundation. I have seen autistic people before, but not with so many of them at the same time. Also, they had much more severe conditions than the people I know with autism. From this, I learned that it is really important to not make fun of people (not autistic people, but people on the whole). When you make fun of a person you do not know really well, it might hurt them, and your joke does not signify anything. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the person before any deeper interactions take place.

During the interview through Skype, the most important thing I noticed was that the parent of the autistic child maintained a thoroughly positive behavior. As she is christian, she describes her child as a "lovely gift from god." She thinks that God gave her this child to remind her of the world's difficulties. Through the interview, I think that the autistic child is a very lucky child. His family has the resources and wealth to support his education and correct his social behaviors. Now, his autism seem to be much milder than when he was young, but behind is gradual recovery are education, care, and loving parents. I think we should all cherish our time with our parents, as everybody lives for such a short time, and that there is not much time to spend with your loved ones. As a show of thanks to mama, and dad and I made breakfast on Mothers Day (with the help of Mom, of course. Nothing can be done without mom in the kitchen:)).

沒有留言:

張貼留言